Scooter racing

Scooter racing
After parking for the night, we'll still have time for a little racing

Friday 10 March 2017

Prayers and Prom Dresses

 Let me first say that I would like to apologize to the people of the Rio Grande Valley.  It's my fault that we are getting flooded out.

On Wednesday, we were supposed to go to a shooting gallery about an hour away but it was an outdoor range and it was raining over there.  There was only a 30% chance of rain in Mission.  Since it was still nice out here, we decided to go visit a church to look at the stained glass work.

Now, anyone who knows me will understand that churches and me don't mix.  In fact, Jackie said she'd let me walk ahead of them just in case we got hit with a lightning bolt.  We weren't in there for 10 minutes when the skies opened up and it started to rain,  complete with thunder and lightning.  We can expect several more days of storms and flash floods.... I knew I was playing with fire, but dang!



It was a pretty cool place though.  From the outside, the windows looked cool but inside it was amazing.  I don't know what all the religious symbols were, but there were some really neat glass pieces including a dog, horses and lemon and orange trees.  Too cute.  The glass was really thick too.

It's funny, but I've been to more churches since I've retired than I ever had in the past half a century.  Next thing you know, I'll convert (Note:  there isn't that much lightning possible).

After the church visit, we went to a high-end Ropa.  Ropas are places where they sell second-hand clothes by the pound.  The going rate is about 30 cents a pound, although you can go as high as 60 cents.  This place was wall to wall dresses with lace and glitter and flowers and tulle and flounces and fancy stuff dangling all over.  Some of them were quite beautiful.  Others might have been an acquired taste.  BUT.... they wanted $15.00 for the dresses.  $15 whole dollars!!!!  We had to say no.  Although I do know where I'm going if I ever need a dress for dress-up night on a cruise.




No comments:

Post a Comment